I made these videos a few weeks ago.
He could just roll on to his tummy to the left then and would get stuck there and a bit peeved after a while. But then he would just keep doing it! Put him on his back, he'd roll over, complain, put him on his back, he'd roll over again immediately! Perhaps a problem with physical skill getting ahead of cognitive ability? Now he can roll both ways and can roll back onto his back but he forgets that sometimes, so lies on his tummy and complains. He is also getting better at spending time there playing too which is fun to watch.
And yes, his mobility does freak me out - he just rolled four times - that covers a fair bit of distance and I had to rescue him from under the coffee table.
The baby group met with a physio last week and she said everything was perfect with him - in fact, she spent the least time with him as there was absolutely nothing of any concern. Which is just wonderful.
I also spoke to her about the pelvis problems (which I don't know the name of in English) which I thought were gone but have come back lately. She said that it is really common for it to come back about now as the baby is getting bigger and more active and you are starting to do a lot more with your body. I really notice it on days when he is a bit out of sorts and clingy and wants to be carried all day. She said that it will go away and should go away by nine months but recommended that I get some physio treatment. Which I will as I am fed up. Also have been told I can reasonably expect it to take a year for the c-section to stop hurting.
Some parts of the system are better in the NZ but some are better here (now if we could just put them together...) and I think the baby group is one of them. It is so good to have that regular meeting with the nurse and the other mothers. And to have a session with the physio - she also talked about backpacks and shoes and all sorts.
No comments:
Post a Comment