Sunday, February 8, 2009

A cold cold week

It has been quite cold for us this week, between 0 and -6 mostly, and lots of snow. But we are brave vikings you know so still head out, baby and all. They say not to go out if it is -10 or below for the first ten months, but it very rarely gets that cold here.

Also, now that Mattias is four weeks old (where did that time go?) we have to start giving him Vitamin D. We could give him fish oil but that tastes awful and they spit it all out so I will take Omega 3 tablets and we give him the Vitamin D in drops. It is rather difficult to get drops into hs mouth actually. It is because of the lack of sunlight so he doesn't get "The English Disease" which I think is rickets.

Today was Mother's Day here which was a bit special and exciting for me and I got a lovely necklace from my boys. Still so surreal to think that I am a mother!

Here is our little polar bear ready to go out in the snow.



Here is a photo from the lounge which I took a few days ago, you can tell it is cold because that sheet of ice is still hanging off that roof. There is more snow now. It gets really dangerous when it gets warm and big chunks of snow and ice fall off all the roofs.


No comments: