Thursday, February 12, 2009

Trilletur

Trilletur is going walking with the stroller. I don't know if we have a word for that in English? You roll the r's and then it is quite fun to say.

So anyway, Mattias and I went for a trilletur yesterday, our first together alone. There was a lot of snow but they had ploughed the main sidewalks (which they haven't yet done today) so we could go out.

But it was very cold so there are many layers involved...

Wool first.



Then sparkebukser (I don't know what that is in English... but a direct translation is kick trousers!)



Then cardigan and gloves - is there anything more difficult to get on than gloves? I usually just use socks to be honest.



Then the woollen hat, has to be one that really covers the ears, and then the top layer. At the moment that tends to be the bear suit, is just so easy to zip the whole lot in there and it makes me laugh every time!



Then into the pram in something called a Voksipose which a woollen duvet thing that folds up into a sort of sleeping bag, is super warm.



All packed in.



And good to go...



Then Mum just has to get it down the stairs... Actually I am feeling remarkably better this week which is really nice. Last week I would not have been able to push the stroller through the snow (hard work!) by myself. I was a bit tender yesterday evening but that is to be expected. It is just so nice to know I can get out and be independent. I just hope they plow the footpaths today, it is so so good to get out and get some fresh air and I do love the snow, it smells so good!
Is it plow or plough?

No comments: