Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chilling with Pappa



My boys make my heart sing.



In other news, I went to the physio today (a new one to last time but this one is also private so a little pricey but the best in town apparently) for an assessment for treatment this ongoing pelvis problem.

It was the worst it has been for a long long time on Sunday because I "overdid it." How?, I hear you ask. Perhaps an exciting mountain walk? A fabulous night on the town in high heels? Thrills behind closed doors? A bracing swim in the Atlantic Ocean? Nope. I cleaned the shower. And wiped down the shelves under the changing table. And then that evening could barely walk and even had to take painkillers which (and yes, I know I used to pop them like candy,) I very rarely take.

So I thought it would be so much fun to take my gorgeous pasty I-had-a-baby-five-months-ago-and-have-mega stretchmarks-and-have-spent-the-last-five-months-eating-cake-with-my-visitors body to stand in my underwear in front of a physio bending this way and that (yes that hurts, that doesn't, that REALLY hurts, when you push there it actually hurts way over here, you want me to what!) while she frantically typed away and drew on me (Yes, she drew on me with a ballpoint pen) and asked lots of questions. One of the most difficult things for me to do in Norwegian is describe as often the describing words don't translate at all. And the c-section complicates things as well of course.

So my back is in great shape, my pelvis is pretty even but the right side is lower. My hamstrings are really tight so I have to work on stretching those out and then on Friday and Tuesday I will be back doing some training and learning some exercises and how best to pick up and carry the baby etc.

And she said if anything hurts to stop doing it which makes me want to scream - "But I want to have a life!!!!" I am so so fed up with "taking it easy" and "listening to my body" and "not overdoing it." I do think it is important to balance the physical health with the mental health so I think I may be going for a walk tomorrow anyway. And I have the Mummy friends coming for lunch on Thursday as I cannot walk with them.

And I had a friend here for dinner yesterday. Her six-year-old told me I have a messy house. I tidied before they arrived.

No comments: