Thursday, September 25, 2008

Move it baby move it

He he he.

First felt baby move at about 18 weeks I think and since then it has been pretty constant. The midwife said until 24 weeks it is allowed to take a break for a few days without me freaking out but from now on I have to feel it move at least once a day. Can encourage movement with a cold drink though apparently.

But what I have really been waiting for is for Mr T to feel it too. A few weeks ago Mr T and Miss Potter were talking and I was lying on the sofa staring at my tummy and kept seeing some incredibly huge movements (one must have been some serious full body flipping) and they kept missing it. Very disappointing but also a bit funny how much time I was able to spend just zoning out and staring at myself. And interrupting their conversation constantly with "Look now!" At least I found it funny... perhaps vaguely annoying for them...

But then a few days later I said "Did you see that!" and they both turned around, looked and said "Yes!" and then some staring, some oh my goshes, quite possibly some tears, quite possibly from me. It was just very awesome and amazing. I really did not expect such big visible movements this early.

And now little sproglet just seems to be going nuts most of the time with some quite vigorous moves (can babies have fits in the womb? Or is it just breaking a move?). Frode has felt it a few times now and the ultrasound midwife* kept commenting on how much great movement was going on (don't need to tell me lady!). I also said to Mum that I am trying to really enjoy these movements because I know as time passes they will be less and less fun. She laughed and said she thought youngest brother would be born with a callous on his heel as she spent so much time pushing his heel out from under her ribcage!

* The person who does the ultrasounds is also a midwife which I think is a good system. And I like her better than my official midwife, which is another reason these monthly scans will be great as I can ask her about any questions I have. And she delivers babies every third weekend so there is a very small chance of me getting a familiar face when that time comes.

No comments: