Last night experienced my first ever good and proper bout of cramp. So now I get what all the fuss is about. Mr T got to experience it too and thought I was going into labour so have promised not to scare him like that again. Poor possum - in my defence it was 4am and I was disoriented and didn't know what the heck was happening.
I have had little bits of cramp before, if I move into a funny position or something, but it doesn't hurt much and is immediately remedied by moving or stretching the offending limb. Then in the last month or so I have noticed twinges of that tingly nearly cramp feeling in my calves when I am in bed but they are also very easy to get rid off.
So last night at 4am I woke up to cramp in my calf and, I believe, embarrassingly, shouted out and said something like "It hurts, it really hurts, I can't make it go away." Hoisted myself to the side of the bed and forced my foot flat on the ground which sort of eased it out then whined and rubbed it for a while and went back to bed. But then I woke up every time I moved because it hurt and it is now 2:30pm and it still hurts when I walk. Plus I think the jumping and hoisting of self upset my pelvis so that is a little tender. I walk like an old woman. So I am very much looking forward to the physio on Monday.
However I must also actually say that in the last week or two I have realised I feel... normal. Not too tired (the very early nights have probably helped this) and not really sick. Just a little crazy hungry some days. So that is just really really nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment