Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Suspense

Miss Potter arrives today for three weeks. Her room is ready. I even put some flowers I wrenched from the forest that is our garden in there. I have cut her a key. Got her a map of the town.

But I don't know when she will get here...

You see, her plane arrived at 7:55am. Then she was going to try and get the train at 8:35am. Which would be met by a bus at Oppdal at 1:15pm. And then she would arrive here at 4:30pm - perfect as I finish work at 4pm.

However... that is pretty short timing to get to the train (which leaves from the airport). So she may have to wait for the 2:45pm train. In which case it is not met by a bus at Oppdal. The bus comes two hours later. So Mr T and I will drive out to pick her up (better to pick her up there at 7:30pm and be home by 10-ish than pick her up from the bus station here at 1am). And we would have to drive the long way as one of the roads is closed because of a rockfall.

So the agreement is that if she misses that first train she then has a lot of time to find a phone and ring me and tell me. But if I can't know for sure until 2:45 if I have not heard from her if that makes sense.

I have already checked and her flight was 5 minutes early and there were not very many other international flights and I am sure the plane from Helsinki was a small one. Sigh. Am not good at suspense. Makes me very annoying to watch films with.

Update: Well, it is now 3:30pm and I haven't heard from her... so I guess we'll be heading to the bus station and hoping she gets off that bus this afternoon. Miss Potter left NZ for India in July 2006, so it has been over two years now, just thought I would try and justify my excitement

No comments: