Friday, August 22, 2008

Confession

Not much of a confession, but why keep my woe to myself when you can read about it and laugh at me.


So far have not had much major pregnancy related crying, just one incident a while ago and then this morning. This may be because I am quite a crier anyway so wouldn't really attribute it to pregnancy.


Very early on, before I got sick I think, so maybe just six weeks, we were watching The Royal Family at Work and this episode was about the English royal family (just an aside, how incredibly good looking are the Scandinavian royals - from left, Crown Prince Fredrik of Denmark, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway). Where was I? Yes, and everytime Queen Elizabeth came on screen I started crying. She reminds me of my grandmother okay! Frode found that very amusing.


The only other big one happened this morning. On Saturday we went to H & M and I bought some mammaklær. Maternity jeans. When I tried them on my whole body sighed with the relief of wearing something comfortable and I was so so looking forward to wearing them. I find the belly bands or just using a hair tie doesn't work so well, is just the pressure on the tummy that is uncomfortable and then they fall down - my arse ain't fat yet. And working in a male dominated workplace it is always a pleasure to look down and see my fly undone as the belly band has worked its way up.


So of course the obligatory visit to the mother-in-law for the shortening followed - she is a very little person so always very understanding and helpful with this. And then washing them ready for wearing. And then putting them on. And finding out they are to big. Hmmmm. Never had jeans stretch before I had worn them. So wash them again on hot and let them dry fully (there may have been some assistance from the hairdryer the first time) and put them on again this morning. And they are a whole size too big. And I tried the smaller size on in the shop and couldn't get them on. These were fitted and perfect. So I cried. A lot. And possibly stomped. But seriously - they stretched in the wash? And now are too long as they stretched that way too. I just want to be comfortable!!! And not throw money away on clothes I don't want to use. I am of course open to the fact I may get somewhat larger in the thigh and butt regions before I am done so they may come in handy - but I'll still have to get them shortened again. And it isn't as if they are baggy jeans, they are too big, therefore uncomfortable. And I looked at wide leg jeans in the shop and didn't even try them on as I was not interested.


Grrr grrr stomp cry grrr. And so I have to go back to H & M to buy something else (NOT JEANS) this weekend as they are the only place selling maternity clothes. And yes, my lovely dresses and skirts would be perfect but I can't wear those to work can I. As I need to duck out to the workshops and smithy sometimes. And walk up those stairs that are open underneath.


And that is me spreading the joy. And I am not taking a photo of the stupid jeans for you.

UPDATE: I went there after work and got some plain black pants. And had a wee chat (WITHOUT crying) and the lady said to bring them back. So I will do. Even though they are shortened now. But I have no idea where the receipt is.

No comments: