Nursing.
There are lots of aspects of living with me that are not easy.* Right near the top would be that I do not particularly like or have much patience with sick people. By which I mean just colds really. Sneezing and sniffing particularly annoy me.
And I am really quite squeamish when it comes to injuries.
In the lead up to a wedding Mr T got a nasty cut from a marque peg which bled a lot and I had to wash out with Dettol. I coped. Seriously, one of my proudest moments.
Last year was with a friend and her eight year old niece kicked something and ripped off her big toenail. But not all the way. So, I found some nail scissors and passed them to her. She looked at me like I was nuts and said she certainly wasn't doing it. To which I replied that she was a mother so she had to do it because I couldn't. Cause once you become a mother you are automatically good at things like that right? I still somehow ended up doing it and I coped. Cause it wasn't really that big a deal at the end of the day.
However. Last year Mr T sliced open his finger on a skillsaw. Kind of mashed it really. And asked me to help him clean it out and bandage it up. There was a lot of blood. I ended up lying on the bathroom floor with my feet up on the bath to keep from fainting.
Today he tried to cut his thumb off. Was thankfully unsuccessful but did need an x-ray, "exploratory surgery" and a few stitches. I didn't even look at it. But him telling me about it and what the doctor did made me feel faint. Ridiculous.
So my point is, isn't it great I didn't decide to be a nurse? I would have sucked at that.
* On that theme I asked Mr T today if he thought I had been having any pregnancy mood swings. It wasn't a trick question. He said yes. And I said "Really?" And asked if they were any worse or more frequent etc than my normal mood swings. And he said no. So, therefore, I said, I have not had pregnancy mood swings. To which he slowly nodded and agreed. So. Isn't that nice. Kind of. Also a little ironic, as that was the one thing I was actually prepared for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment