So a whole new world of baby obsessing was opened up to me. (FYI cus, don't know that Mr T was overly thrilled with this learning curve).
Turns out I wasn't game enough to actually buy clothes and didn't buy much at all. But here is what I did buy before we had any concrete plans.
Little dinner set with drawings and titles in Norwegian.

My favourites include "someone who is going swimming."

and "a butterfly"

I have strong memories of Richard Scarry so was delighted to find this. Is interesting what you remember - my sister, only two years older, barely remembers Richard Scarry at all and didn't comprehend my nostalgia on any level!

And one from Mr T's childhood.

This is childrens music from when he was young and these guys were very very popular - to the point that there is a tribute album by Norwegian bands that grew up with them. They are very cute songs, I have heard (on the tribute album actually, not the original) the one about the fisherman who catches a fish which says "I am a cursed princess, kiss me kiss me," but he accidentally swallows it. Also one called Sick which is all about how horrible and boring it is to be sick and what you can do to entertain yourself. Such as try and blow your nose while singing "yoo baa" or picking up your duvet from the floor with your bum. What I find funny is that the woman singing it (from a rather tough sounding band called Motorpyscho) cannot stop laughing.
A theme you say. Well yes, turns out this whole bi-lingual thing is really important to me. Plus everything I buy has to be worth the effort of taking it back to New Zealand. I did see The Very Hungry Caterpillar in Norwegian the other day so that is now on the list too!

This is childrens music from when he was young and these guys were very very popular - to the point that there is a tribute album by Norwegian bands that grew up with them. They are very cute songs, I have heard (on the tribute album actually, not the original) the one about the fisherman who catches a fish which says "I am a cursed princess, kiss me kiss me," but he accidentally swallows it. Also one called Sick which is all about how horrible and boring it is to be sick and what you can do to entertain yourself. Such as try and blow your nose while singing "yoo baa" or picking up your duvet from the floor with your bum. What I find funny is that the woman singing it (from a rather tough sounding band called Motorpyscho) cannot stop laughing.
A theme you say. Well yes, turns out this whole bi-lingual thing is really important to me. Plus everything I buy has to be worth the effort of taking it back to New Zealand. I did see The Very Hungry Caterpillar in Norwegian the other day so that is now on the list too!
No comments:
Post a Comment