Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fun things to do in foreign countries? Supermarket shopping!

Okay, firstly, check out serious, determined, Norwegian shopper man on the left! (I actually have another photo without him but he cracks me up).



It is fun to go supermarket shopping in foreign countries and see what is different. Here you notice that there is a lot of liquorice and liquorice flavoured things. I dislike liquorice so this is very disappointing for me and means if I have a sore throat there are only about two lozenges I can buy.

This is one of my favourite supermarkets but I feature it here because it rocked Miss Potter's world. So we made sure we took another trip before she left and got some photos.

Soon after you enter you help yourself to some coffee. (As an aside can we please note the incredibly small fruit and veggies section behind her? It is a wonder that they don't get scurvy, honestly.)


I think it looks like there might be cookies of come sort next to the coffee. And then you wander the store eating your way around - the first time we had chocolate, pesto marinated fish and berliner boller (sort of baked custard filled donuty thing... I Love Them). Second time... maybe chips and yummy cheeses on crackers. But I think her favourite thing was the coffee, just sipping on a coffee and doing the grocery shopping. Oh yeah, we do actually BUY food as well.


Below is a photo Miss Potter took on another supermarket trip. What this makes me realise is how I have become so used to life here that I don't notice the WHOLE FISH swimming up out of the supermarket freezer.

No comments: