Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a day!

Well. The first treat was walking out the door to SNOW GLORIOUS SNOW. Love it. And love my gloves and my scarves and my winter coat (think I can get at least one week more out of that one.)

The day was mediocre and I considered starting my maternity leave NEXT WEEK BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO WORK ANYMORE AT THAT HORRIBLE PLACE. No, not accidental caps, just very loud COMPLAINING from me.

But then. Then I came home and checked the mail. But there was not a package in there for me. THERE WAS TWO!!!!! Whoa, little over the top on the caps today. Isn't that just lovely though?

First was from lovely Mrs CF in the US and was a gorgeous wee book and a card that made me sob like a... well, like a pregnant woman.

The book is called baby-gami, baby wrapping for beginners. It has lots of different types of wrapping techniques with photos of hilarious babies and little diagrams. Also lots of different types of slings you can tie for baby-wearing. And then little tips on sleeping, making your own blankets etc. I love it.









Don't know if you can read it but left side says "pre-swaddle angst" and the right says "post swaddle bliss."





And then the second package... was from dear cousin in New Zealand. (No photos as am having lighting issues so will try in daytime). There was a gorgeous home knitted top and hat, two cute little tops, an Oh Baby magazine and lots and lots of info on breastfeeding and birth (including a thick separate one for fathers, awesome) from her first time around last year. In ENGLISH. I am so seriously sorted. Oh yeah, this all made me cry again.

So feeling so loved and cared for from all over the world.

Then Mr T came home and we went for a walk in the very crisp evening air with the sky full of stars. Just magical. And -1 degrees when we got home (well, for him, was 0 degrees for me).

Are you wondering how you decide which package to open first when there are two? The one that doesn't need scissors!

No comments: