Monday, October 13, 2008

Ups and downs

The good: Another ultrasound today and all is looking fabulous. Got to see some chewing and hiccups which was fun. Midwife also agreed that random side pain is probably related to scars from previous lap.. lapra.. lapor.. laprosc.. laparoscopy. She also reassured me that no matter how much crazy break dancing movement I can feel the baby is highly unlikely to strangle itself with the umbilical cord (I knew that but I also knew if I asked I would really know for sure).

Also visited a friend today on my way home, she is always great to see as she coos over me and tells me how great I am looking and when I say look how huge I am she says, no, you are so little and cute!

Knitting take two is going very very well, and before long Mr T will be given The Ultimate Love Test: Do you love your wife enough to wear the naff scarf she knitted for you, in public.

The bad: Wore the wrong shoes today and it was so wet and stormy and my feet were so wet and I was so cold. Yay for hot showers.

Got a letter from the landlady today saying rent is going up NOK800 a month (about NZ$200) which we think is quite a lot. So once again going back to the "Do we stay here or do we move" dilemma which I thought we were done with already! Other issues we have with the apartment is the renovating of the apartment above ours. Not a big deal in itself but is all a bit odd. Friday before last a group of about six builders showed up at 3pm and started working up there. They were making a lot of noise and we couldn't even hear each other speak. We went out at about 8pm and they were still going strong but were done when we got home at about 11.

Legally a certain level of noise insulation has to be put between the floors but we have a sneaking suspicion that she may be cutting legal corners. Showing up to begin at 3pm on Friday? Dodgy. But anyway, that is over a week ago and nothing has happened since then. And all their building materials are lying around on the ground (in the driving rain) outside our house. And no communication whatsoever from her on what is going on. Which is fine, except gets my goat when she comes round asking for more money (was a letter on the doorstep or I would've asked what was going on). And she doesn't seem the smartest cookie - she knows Mr T is a builder so will therefore know the rules. Plus the whole tired and pregnant and not knowing what or when thing. I can just see it starting up again in earnest when I start maternity leave! I am sure I am being totally unreasonable but oh well.

But we do potentially have our fall back option so Mr T looked into that today and that is sounding positive. Though we do have our two year contract here... And I do love this apartment... sigh... but the other place is bigger and has a lawn...

No comments: